Welcome To Flat Rate Realty Canada
Services For The HRM
Cell: Call or Text: 902-452-5725
Click Here For FAQ'S
14 Carver St Dartmouth NS $247,900
50+ year old solidly built home with single-car detached wired garage on one way street in the Woodlawn area of Dartmouth. Great sized back yard with a large, private two level deck (507 sq ft). In the summer, enjoy sun on the back deck from early morning until late afternoon and then move to the front deck to enjoy the evening sunset.
There is a perennial garden in front and we had a vegetable garden in the backyard each spring. A short walk to grocery store, pharmacy, spa, and several eating establishments along with close proximity to schools, biking/walking trails, and bus routes make this an ideal location for young or mature couples.
The basement is partially finished and the house freshly painted throughout. All appliances stay with the house – washer & dryer, stainless steel fridge, stove microwave, and dishwasher (2008). Custom window dressings in master bedroom and upstairs bathroom also included. All of the expensive projects and upgrades have been completed:
If you would prefer that one of our agents help you with further information or to arrange a viewing request on this or any other property please contact us anytime at : 902-452-5725 or email us at: email@example.com
• New deck and privacy walls – 2012 (re-stained 2016) Note: The left hand side of the deck is reinforced to hold the weight of a full sized hot tub should one be in your future plans!
• New chimney from base – 2015 (not wood burning – has adapter for insert) - 6” stainless steel liner.
• New shingles (House & Garage) - 2013
• New windows/doors on main floor – 2009 (garden doors to back deck and double hung easy clean windows)
• Outdoor lighting and Bose sound system also installed for back deck enjoyment day or night.
• New furnace (own) – August 2009
• 30 gallon oil fired Hot water heater (own) – 2009
• Blown in exterior wall insulation to R-12
• Upgraded kitchen
• Upgraded bathroom with large air jet tub
• New garage door and frame (2015) Garage is 22’6” x 14’ 6”
Main Floor (1062 sq. ft. of living space):
Bedroom 1 – 8’ x 10’
Bedroom 2 – 10’ x 12’
Bathroom – 10.5’ x 14’
Downstairs (404 sq. ft. of living space & 190 sq. ft. partially finished & 270 sq. ft. unfinished)
Partially Finished Room – 20’ x 10’
Recreation Room – 28’ 5” x 11’
Bathroom – 5’4” x 6’ 8”
Laundry & Furnace Room – 21.5’ x 11’
Note: Installed egress window in basement which allows for emergency escape making this end of the basement ideal to set up an extra room for guests. Laundry Room & Work Room not finished
In 2009, increased Energy Efficiency rating from 58 to 69 (the average energy efficiency for a house of this age in Canada was 61 at the time of the upgrades – our home rated in the top 20% of this group of houses)
Attic insulation tested at 1 – 2% actinolite/tremolite asbestos (report available). There is pull-down ladder access to the attic but, we don’t store anything up there.
Property Evaluation Checklist, 2017 Property Assessment and utility bills available upon request. 2016/17
Our property has a walk score of 75 out of 100 which means most errands can be accomplished on foot.
Nearby Bus Routes:
68 Cherry Brook 0.1 km; 61 Auburn - North Preston 0.1 km; 56 Dartmouth Crossing 0.1 km; 59 Colby 0.1 km; 57 Russell Lake 0.3 km 62 Wildwood 0.3 km; 78 Mount Edward Express 0.3 km; 58 Woodlawn 0.3 km; 66 Penhorn 0.4 km and 72 Portland Hills 0.4 km
Another added bonus is being located on one of the first streets to be plowed! Please contact us to make arrangements for a viewing of the property.
This is a For Sale By Owner, MLS, Mere Posting Listing